Call for Special Session: MDMA2022
Special Session: Multimodal Data and Multidisciplinary Applications (MDMA)
There have been many useful applications using different types of data, including sensor data, wearable biometrics, texts, images, audios, and other kinds of information and knowledge source. As a result, building robust learning models using a large volume of multimodal data sources that can serve the daily needs of different people has become challenging over several years. It is still inquiring about efficiently processing and analyzing data from other sources, correctly extracting relevant features, and combining distinct features properly to enrich the performance of the state-of-the-art models.
This special session aims to discuss multiple challenges of utilizing multimodal data to create relevant products of daily lives and provide a forum for researchers and developers to share new ideas, research results, and the latest applications in data science and artificial intelligence.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, as follows:
- Data analytics in multimedia content
- Knowledge engineering
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Image and video processing
- Machine learning techniques for multimodal data
- Recommendation system techniques using multimodal content
- Big data analysis and modeling
- Content-based searching and retrieval platform
- Deep learning applications in multimodal content (audio, image, video, text)
- Sentiment analysis in multimedia content
- Intelligent systems and multimodal services
- Practical tools and applications in multimedia content
- Natural language processing and thematic classification
Other applications using multimodal data (healthcare, e-commerce, logistics, environment, blockchain, etc.)
- Dr. Binh T. Nguyen, University of Science, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Dr. Dao Minh Son, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), Japan.
- Dr. Uday Kiran, The University of Aizu, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima, Japan
The submission deadline is at 11:59 p.m. of the stated deadline date Anywhere on Earth.
- Paper submission:
June 15, 2022July 31, 2022 (Extended)
- Notification date:
July 30, 2022September 06, 2022 (Extended)
- Final camera-ready: Sep 24, 2022
The papers of this session will be printed in the proceeding of the main conference, which will be published by IEEE and be available at the conference. Papers should be submitted through the online paper submission system:
- Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kse2022
- Select Session: Multimodal Data and Multidisciplinary Applications (MDMA)
Authors are invited to submit papers of up to 6 pages, written in English, in PDF format and compliant with the IEEE standard. The submissions will be peer-reviewed for originality and scientific quality.